Position: Production Line Laborer
Reports to: Production Supervisor -During Production Supervisor’s absence, position reports to Operations Manager.
Location: Lawrence, KS
Number of employees this position supervises: None.
FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt.
Purpose of the job:
To provide professional service and safe, quality workmanship of panel units and other construction related products as specified.
· Cut lumber, OSB and Zip to specified dimensions.
· Construct panel frames on jig tables using pneumatic nail tool.
· Operate nailing bridge to fasten OSB to panel frames.
· Apply flashing to window and door rough openings.
· Assist in the lamination of EPS and Zip to panel frames clad with OSB. This includes staging materials, applying adhesive, applying water, operating gantry crane, and cranking boat wenches to target pressure.
· Construct shipping skids for panel packages.
· Wrap and label panel packages.
· Operate forklift.
· Clean warehouse and work stations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
· Monitor QA/QC, report all infractions of Build Smart’s QA/QC to Production Supervisor.
· Assist in receiving of materials.
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on-site and in the manufacturing facility.
· All other duties as assigned to meet customer demands and satisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work & think well independently.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to identify problems and provide good solutions for the same.
· Ability to work under stressful, time-sensitive work conditions.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed, including both long shifts and weekends.
- Must have outstanding attendance.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds regularly and 60 pounds occasionally.
Please contact Sandy Francis at 785-331-1022 or via email at email@example.com to inquire about the position.