Reduce Labor Costs and Construction Time
The Build SMART Building Envelope System is designed for construction site efficiency.
- No additional special tools or equipment are required to produce high performing structures.
- Buid SMART reduces the overall number of skilled and general laborers required. This includes foundation subcontractors, air sealing specialists and window installers to name a few. Since Passive House windows and doors come pre-installed, there is no special storage or additional handling of special materials required.
- Decreased exposure to environmental elements with faster dry-in time.
- Less job site waste to handle and dispose of after completion of project.
FACT: In a recent mutli-family build, four crew members installed 805 lineal feet of walls in 4.5 days, compared to an estimated 15 days using conventional framing.
Flexible Enough for all Projects
The Build SMART system isn't limited to single-unit homes. Scale up the project and scale up the savings. For multi-family and commercial projects, the Build SMART system can be implemented with no cost premium by applying the savings (40-60%) from the reduced mechanical system size to the envelope improvements.
Climate Controlled Construction
Once your order is received, we begin fabrication of your components in the warm and dry shelter of the Build SMART factory.
- All building materials and finished components are protected from weather that often delay construction and compromises the durability and performance of site-built structures.
- Energy-efficient windows and doors are pre-installed and air-tightened by experienced tradesmen under factory-controlled conditions so you won't spend days leak chasing.
- Finished panels are protected in shipping packages and shipped to the construction site in optimized sequential order based on the builder’s schedule.
Build SMART provides On-Site Installer Training to ensure your build proceeds smoothly. No special training or installation equipment is required. The system is simple. If your crew can assemble an ordinary wall panel, they can easily assemble Build SMART panels. A 126-page Installation Manual is also provided to guide you from pre-slab work to wall-to-roof construction.
Post Construction & Long Term Benefits
In addition to time and cost saving benefits, using the Build SMART system helps you stay out in front of an ever-changing industry.
- Stay ahead of the inevitable code changes and energy standards.
- Enhance your reputation by building a higher-quality product that promotes owner satisfaction and reduces callbacks.
- Reduce waste, not only by limiting raw materials and site waste, but also with the long-term energy usage of the structures you build.
- Contribute to the overall health and well-being of occupants.
Request More Information
If you'd like to learn more about starting a Build SMART project, please fill out the form below and one of our Build SMART experts will be in touch soon.
Download the Installation Manual
Get Step-By-Step Instructions on Passive House Construction with the Build SMART system.